Northern Nevada RAVE Family Foundation
Outreach Coordinator – Job Description
Revised August 28th, 2021
The RAVE Outreach Coordinator is a part-time, hourly position reporting to the Director of Programs. This position is responsible for assisting with growth of the organization by conducting rural outreach activities in outlying communities. The overall duties include but are not limited to planning and implementation of outreach strategies and connecting people in the broader community by cultivating relationships with businesses, individuals, and other relevant organizations. The Outreach Coordinator is also expected to contribute to the overall success of the nonprofit organization by assisting leadership with other aspects of business operations as needed and assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel to local and rural communities to share information about RAVE programming with families caring for children with special needs
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities
- Prepare an annual budget for community outreach activities
- Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners
- Envision and implement new and creative ways to present RAVE programming opportunities to a variety of audiences
- Schedule regular outreach exhibitions in the community
- Provide overall management of family recruitment, intake, enrollment, communication, scheduling and support while enrolled in programs.
- Assist in setting and maintaining respite program goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Schedule families and fill daily sessions.
- Minimum of 1 year nonprofit organization employment or volunteer experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, or related fields.
Necessary Skills and Traits:
- Must demonstrate initiative, self-motivation, creativity, and vision
- Must have the ability to work with limited supervision
- Must have the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and written
- Must have and continue to obtain skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office programs which include Excel, Word, Access, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Have experience in the non-profit arena, working with individuals who have disabilities, or equivalent
- Preferred experience with non-profit outreach activities.
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience preparing reports.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Able to sit or stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift
- Able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Fun, meaningful and rewarding work environment
- Competitive earnings: $16 per hour with opportunity for full-time after one year
- Cell phone reimbursement
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties. All RAVE employees are expected to perform evolving tasks as necessary based on the overall needs of the organization and RAVE families. RAVE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.