Thank you for your interest in supporting the Northern Nevada RAVE Family Foundation.
Our mission is to improve the well-being of families in the Northern Nevada region by providing free respite care—a much-needed break—to caregivers of children and young adults with special needs. This includes children with developmental disabilities, autism, a special health care need, children with mental health concerns, children in foster care, and their typically developing siblings who reside in the home.
This is what you can make happen with a gift of $1,000 to $10,000:
- A grant of $1,000 would provide reimbursable vouchers for families who are caring for a child who is medically fragile and unable to attend a center-based program or those living in more rural locations in the State without access to a respite center. Up to $1,000 per family per year.
- A grant of $2,500 would provide five, three-hour respite breaks for 20 local children and their caregivers.
- A grant of $5,000 would provide 20 field trips for our Jr. and Teen RAVE programs.
- A grant of $10,000 would provide 1,200 hours of much-needed respite care for families of children with special needs.
Our current funding priorities are:
- Respite care for families with special needs
- Jr. and Teen RAVE
- RAVE Family Center
Contact executive director Korine Viehweg to talk with her about these exciting grant opportunities at [email protected] or 775-787-3520
To make a grant from your Community Foundation Donor Advised Fund, please contact a member of the Community Foundation of Western Nevada Stewardship Team at 775-333-5499.