Northern Nevada RAVE Family Foundation
Lead Respite Service Care Provider – Job Description
Revised July 15, 2021
The Lead Respite Service Care Provider is a full-time hourly position reporting to the Director of Programs. This position is responsible for leading weekly respite sessions comprised of a team of Service Providers and youth volunteers. The Lead will ensure high quality care to children 3 months through 22 years in a safe and fun social environment while providing hands on training, mentorship, and direct supervision to youth volunteers during operating hours for the respite sessions of the RAVE Family Center, Jr. RAVE and or Teen RAVE programs. Each scheduled respite session will consist of 2-4 Respite Service Providers. The Volunteer and Respite Care Coordinator, Family Coordinator, and Director of Programs will serve as support staff on an as needed basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties consist of but are not limited to:
- Provide a safe, fun, social environment for young and adult children ages 3 months through 22 years.
- Provide a quality and engaging learning experience, supervision, training, and mentorship to youth volunteers and college interns.
- Create and execute session plans.
- Purchase session supplies within the approved budget.
- Ensure the center is clean and in order before and after each respite/learning session.
- Conduct Respite Session setup, expectations, accountability and cleanup
- Provide training, supervision, and be a positive role model for youth and community volunteers.
- Provide effective ways to work with young children and families.
- Create and execute session plans.Assist in the initial and ongoing training of volunteers, college interns and other RAVE staff.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and special events.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree and/or 2 years RAVE experience volunteer experience
- 150+ hours work experience in Early Childhood education, Special Education and/or Human services field.
Necessary Skills and Traits:
- Positive attitude, strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, ability to recognize situations & adapt quickly.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation, creativity, and vision.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and written.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and behaviors.
- Flexibility and means of transportation to work all RAVE locations.
- Able to sit or stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift
- Able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Fun, meaningful and rewarding work environment
- Competitive earnings: $16 per hour
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties. All RAVE employees are expected to perform evolving tasks as necessary based on the overall needs of the organization and RAVE families. RAVE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.